We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Montpelier Surgery regrets that it is not at present able to register new patients.
General Data Protection Regulation May 2018
From the 25th May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) comes into effect. These regulations determine how we manage your data:
- This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please see the practice privacy notice on the website or speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights.
For more information ask at reception for a leaflet OR visit GDPR Page
Data Provision Notice
This leaflet explains how and why clinical data is shared to help improve the provision of care for patients.
Minor Health Concerns and Medicine Advice
Getting advice from a local pharmacist is the best first step for a minor health concern. But if you think you or your family member are more seriously ill, then a GP or hospital may be more appropriate.
If you are prescribed an anticoagulant (a blood-thinning medicine) or a medicine to treat asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), type 2 diabetes or high blood pressure for the first time, you can get extra help and advice about your medicine from your local pharmacist through a free scheme called the New Medicine Service (NMS).
For more information on the services that Pharmacies can provide click here
We are always keen to hear feedback , please complete the anonymous online survey in the Online Services section of the website
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment.
Partners in Care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction.
Electronic Prescription Service
This surgery is now using the Electronic Prescription Service to issue prescriptions for those patients that have nominated a pharmacy. To use this service let us know your nominated pharmacy.
Email request for information
Montpelier surgery does not accept email requests for clinical information or advice. If you need advice contact the surgery directly and book an appointment. If you require a copy of clinical information then you need to provide a written request.
Care Quality Commission Report
We have now had our CQC inspection report and this surgery has been rated as GOOD
Healthwatch GP Practice Survery
Healthwatch is currently undertaking the 2017 review of GP practices in Brighton and Hove. To access the survey please click here
People born after 2-September 1942 who are in their 70's and have not already been vaccinated against Shingles may be eligible for a free Shingles vaccination. To check if you are eligible download this Shingles Eligibility Calculator and enter your date of birth
Due to an increase in the number of wasted appointments through patients failing to attend appointments without informing the the surgery, it has become necessary to implement a new did not attend (DNA) policy, click here for more infomation.
In April 59 appointments were wasted due to patients not attending their appointment.
Montpelier Surgery has now launched a quarterly newsletter which can be found here : Spring 2018 Newsletter
National Diabetes Audit
The National Diabetes Audit (NDA) is the one of the largest annual clinical audits in the world, integrating data from both primary and secondary care sources, making it the most comprehensive audit of its kind more information can be found in this leaflet: NDA_17_Hosp_Poster_v4.pdf
- Periodically the surgery will close so that staff have dedicated time to receive mandatory training sessions. During these sessions the surgery will not be contactable by phone, be able to receive prescription requests, hand out prescriptions or be available for patients to call in, please see the following dates when the surgery will close at 12.30pm until 8.00am the following day:
7th June 2018
If you require medical attention during these times please dial 111. For emergencies ring 999.
(Site updated 05/06/2018)