When We Are Closed
Please note that during the week Montpelier surgery is closed from 18:30 until 08:00 the following day every day during the week. The surgery is closed over the weekend from 18:30 Friday until 08:00 on Monday.
When our GP practice is closed, patients should call the NHS 111 service by dialling 111. All calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
What is NHS 111?
- A simple, free to call, easy to remember three digit number that is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- NHS 111 directs patients to the service that is best able to meet your needs taking into account your location, the time of day you are calling and the capacity of local services.
When should I use 111?
- When it’s not a life threatening situation and, therefore, is less urgent than a 999 call
- When you cannot see your own GP, for instance when it is closed or you’re are away from home
- When you feel you cannot wait or are simply unsure of which service you require
- When you require reassurance about what to do next
Patients can also make use of the walk-in centre at Brighton Station. Click here to view the website
Out of Hours Dental Services
If you are in pain and need emergency dental care outside normal working hours, phone the emergency dental service on 01273 486444.
The service is available from 18:30 to 21:30 on weekdays and from 09:00 to 13:30 during weekends and bank holidays.
Out of Hours Mental Health Services
If you have an urgent mental health need outside normal hours, call the GP out-of-hours service on 0845 4565420.
Out of Hours District Nursing
You can contact the out-of-hours district nursing service by phoning 0300 555 0104. The service is available from 20:00 to 08:00, seven days a week. It works alongside the out-of-hours GP service to make sure people get the right care for their needs.
Late Evening Pharmacies
Three pharmacies across the city are open into late evening. They are:
Ashton's Late Night Pharmacy
98 Dyke Road, Seven Dials, Brighton BN1 3JD. Phone: 01273 325020
Opening hours: 09:00 to 10:00 every day.
Boots the Chemist
North Street, Brighton. Phone: 01273 207461
Opening hours: 09:00 to midnight, Monday to Saturday
6 - 7 Coombe Terrace, Lewes Road, Brighton BN2 4AD. Phone: 01273 605354
Opening hours: 09:00 to 22:00 every day.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.